The shoe guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gopbroek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Occasionally I see folks have problems with a BC or wetsuit or bag zipper issues or sandal repair and wonder where it can be fixed. The go to place that I have always been directed to and seems to be used by a number of shops is 'The shoe guy'. It is a little shoe repair shop two doors south of Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas and 20th Ave on the west side of the street (just south of the Mercardo). One of the great resources in Cozumel:)
20180719_172527.jpg

Certainly would have been a better fix for my old Tevas that came unglued 2 years ago that I fixed with duct tape from the Mega. That pair is residing in a Mexican landfill somewhere. I do have a weight pocket on my BC that the nylon is starting to tear/wear from the weights rubbing against it. Think he can patch that?

You going to be down this December? Our flights are booked for Dec 8th -24th... Still have to book with Jeanie.

Last edited:
Certainly would have been a better fix for my old Tevas that came unglued 2 years ago that I fixed with duct tape from the Mega. That pair is residing in a Mexican landfill somewhere. I do have a weight pocket on my BC that the nylon is starting to tear/wear from the weights rubbing against it. Think he can patch that?

You going to be down this December? Our flights are booked for Dec 8th -24th... Still have to book with Jeanie.
First Sunday of December + 8 days, every year

Occasionally I see folks have problems with a BC or wetsuit or bag zipper issues or sandal repair and wonder where it can be fixed. The go to place that I have always been directed to and seems to be used by a number of shops is 'The shoe guy'. It is a little shoe repair shop two doors south of Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas and 20th Ave on the west side of the street (just south of the Mercardo). One of the great resources in Cozumel:)
View attachment 470341
Wished I had know about this guy a few years ago. I had an 8.00 dollar pair of 20 yea old sandals from Wally world that finally came unglued. I tried to repair when I got home with no luck. You never know what you'll learn in here.

This guy has fixed a few wetsuits for me in the past and did a good job. Very reasonable; just wish he was a little closer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom