• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The shoe guy

Discussion in 'Cozumel' started by gopbroek, Jul 21, 2018.

1. gopbroek

gopbroek Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Occasionally I see folks have problems with a BC or wetsuit or bag zipper issues or sandal repair and wonder where it can be fixed. The go to place that I have always been directed to and seems to be used by a number of shops is 'The shoe guy'. It is a little shoe repair shop two doors south of Calle Dr Adolfo Rosado Salas and 20th Ave on the west side of the street (just south of the Mercardo). One of the great resources in Cozumel:)
    20180719_172527.jpg

couv, Carlos Danger, DandyDon and 3 others like this.
  2. MMM

MMM ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

He has fixed more than a couple of things for me...wetsuit zippers, sandals, gear bags all come to mind.

3. deepsea21

deepsea21 Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Certainly would have been a better fix for my old Tevas that came unglued 2 years ago that I fixed with duct tape from the Mega. That pair is residing in a Mexican landfill somewhere. I do have a weight pocket on my BC that the nylon is starting to tear/wear from the weights rubbing against it. Think he can patch that?

You going to be down this December? Our flights are booked for Dec 8th -24th... Still have to book with Jeanie.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  4. gopbroek

gopbroek Solo Diver

First Sunday of December + 8 days, every year

5. Karloss

Karloss Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Wished I had know about this guy a few years ago. I had an 8.00 dollar pair of 20 yea old sandals from Wally world that finally came unglued. I tried to repair when I got home with no luck. You never know what you'll learn in here.

6. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

This guy has fixed a few wetsuits for me in the past and did a good job. Very reasonable; just wish he was a little closer.