The situational question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I knew the title would get ya here now for the longer version of the question that arose for me yesterday and I really have yet to see a answer here to this question...not that it will apply to everyone everytime but it can and did happen to me.

I know that if you haven't dove in a extended period of time you should take a refresher course, most instructors that I know say 6 months is the limit, but I can't honestly say at this moment that I can remember the last time I even went into my LDS...(yeah I could read an old log but that is to simple) much less dove with good friends and people. I went into the garage and reconized my dive gear bag(as I was told to move it), there were also these two large white cylinders with stickers that say SEP 2001 on them, now I vaguely rembember thinking that one of those white cylinders was to be given a Green and Yellow sticker but I ain't no dentist or require anything for racing..

Then what should I do when I go back to the LDS? but hey they might know what to do with those white things.

Now where to find that buddy thing and get wet in real water as chasing these moving water holes in the desert I keep seeing in my car....Geesh atleast I know where to fish.

Thanks for the help

Dang...sounds like you need more than a refresher course :)

j/k

Can you repeat the question, please? :scratch:

Tell them that someone hid those white things from you and you just now found them and you couldn't go diving without them. Then ask if they can test to see which is supposed to have the Green and Yellow sticker, and then ask if they have any group dives coming up? Don't tell 'em how long it's been until they ask (and they probably will). Then, try to pretend like you didn't realize how long it had been, like it was only yesterday...yeah...

:tease:

Take all of the stuff into your LDS and tell them you’d like it serviced. After they're done the receipts might give you a hint as to the use of said items. At the very least they should have to come up with names for them. However this may be an expensive approach and may be in vain, especially if the receipt reads “two each service of large white cylinders.”:D

Better yet, get your wife to drop it off. That way if they ask any questions (i.e. are you a dentist) she can say she is not sure and will have to have you call them. This will give you precious time to come up with either accurate or amusing answers to their questions. :wink:

Mike

Well folks I did it after laughing at the replies Omicron said it best...but took the advice of blueocean and just acted normal

What a difference 12 weeks makes that is how long it had been since I was last at my LDS 11 weeks since my last dive...The shop has changed in that they bought 2 dive boats... one 65' holds 40+ divers and another that holds 20+ divers.... based in San Carlos further more they won;t charge any extra when I get the one tank which is a LP 120 btw yearly VI inspected and switched to NITROX that is the Green and Yellow Sticker

Then I was invited to attend a underwater Chess Tournament

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom