• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

The Thing You Thought You'd Never See ...

Discussion in 'Basic Scuba Discussions' started by Trace Malinowski, Apr 10, 2018.

1. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I loop the bungee through the metal and clamp it down with a zip tie. They stay in place. I usually replace them every three or four years.
    _DSC1179.JPG

Trailboss123 and JamesBon92007 like this.
  2. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    1. Didn't think my daughter would be a diver, she never showed an interest in diving until she went to school and work in Santa Barbara. I enjoyed the dives on the Channel Islands with her until she moved. The only thing I could figure was she was too careful to take up diving with me and my buddys.

2. I wouldn't have believed I'd still be diving if you would have asked me back in '62. To be honest, I didn't think I'd last this long, period.

Bob

3. Fruitographer

Fruitographer Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I remember seeing something on TV about a lost cave diver as a child and said to myself there is now way I will ever go cave diving, Now I'm a full cave diver.

4. kmarks

kmarks Photographer

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Maybe more hear than see, but I never thought I would see/hear the divemaster giving the predive briefing point me out as the "most experienced diver on the boat." That happened last week. And no, my # of dives is not out of date.

5. NWGratefulDiver

NWGratefulDiver Mental toss flycoon ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    ... reminds me of an old friend who got certified in 2002. A couple weeks later he sends me an email from Florida, where he told me he was the most experienced diver on the boat ... he had all of eight dives at the time, including his four check-out dives ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

JamesBon92007 likes this.
  6. divad

divad Solo Diver

I never thought I'd see the World Trade Center collapse from a mile away.

7. Pullnglide

Pullnglide Dive Shop

Seeing the Attakulla Lodge at the bottom of Jocassee and the EOL of HITW tied to Shecks supposed champagne bottle was pretty awesome!(I don’t know the whole story with the champagne bottle, some will know it and maybe chime in)

8. drbill

drbill The Lorax for the Kelp Forest Scuba Legend

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Likewise here. Back in 1962 I thought it was just a lark, then it became a lifestyle.

I'm still waiting to see my first real life mermaid

Bob DBF likes this.
  9. Seaweed Doc

Seaweed Doc Divemaster

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Medusa can be used to refer to the swimmig life history stage in any true jellyfish. (But not hydrozoans like Portuguese man o' war.) You may be wrong but you may be right....

10. MaxBottomtime

MaxBottomtime Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499