Info The "Ultimate" wing lift calculator :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you activate the doubles does it automatically multiply by 2 the tank data?

Excellent, very nice. One last suggestion make the lights entry regs/lights so that people will remember to add in the regs.

As for bouyancy. Monday night I decided to hop in the pool with my drysuit (DUI 200CX). With no fluffy garments it took around 11lbs for me to sink without exhaling much. If I really exhaled more it would be 10lbs. As a crushed neopreene suit (which is different than compressed neoprene) the suit it self if pretty much neutral and I do not float very well in fresh water so the weight is mostly the air in the suit.

selytch:
As you noticed the "air weight" (change in buoyancy) is different between same volume cylinders. One reason is the actual data from the manufacturers that varies. The other is that the buoyancy of an empty AL tank was measured actually at 500PSI. In case of AL80 thats about 13cu.ft. of air, or about 1# (1 cu.ft. of air is 0.0807#).

The other reason might be because an AL80 does not have 80 cuft of air in it like a steel 80 does.

One thing that might be nice is the ability to figure needed weight/lift in saltwater as well as freshwater. I know for me that the difference is 6 lbs. and the calculator gave me 9.9 lbs. which would be dead on if I were in saltwater. Most of my diving is in freshwater and I need 4 lbs. I was going to add this myself but of course it was locked to prevent people like me from monkeying around with it. I also want to reformat so it fits on my PDA screen. How do you unlock it?

ZzzKing:
The other reason might be because an AL80 does not have 80 cuft of air in it like a steel 80 does.

One thing that might be nice is the ability to figure needed weight/lift in saltwater as well as freshwater. I know for me that the difference is 6 lbs. and the calculator gave me 9.9 lbs. which would be dead on if I were in saltwater. Most of my diving is in freshwater and I need 4 lbs. I was going to add this myself but of course it was locked to prevent people like me from monkeying around with it. I also want to reformat so it fits on my PDA screen. How do you unlock it?

There are too many unknown variables to me for freshwater, but if somebody knows tank buoyancy in freshwater it can be easily added.
As of protection - just go to Tools-Protection-Unprotect sheet. There's no password required - just to prevent accidental changes. Email the final version to me as well, if you don't mind. Maybe I can use some of your ideas :)) - with your name next to them

Falco:
When you activate the doubles does it automatically multiply by 2 the tank data?

Yes. I don't think somebody would frequently use two different tanks. It also adds "Extra" to the constant negative buoyancy (BP).

selytch:
There are too many unknown variables to me for freshwater, but if somebody knows tank buoyancy in freshwater it can be easily added.
As of protection - just go to Tools-Protection-Unprotect sheet. There's no password required - just to prevent accidental changes. Email the final version to me as well, if you don't mind. Maybe I can use some of your ideas :)) - with your name next to them

Can't be sure what I'll come up with but it will be viewable on a PDA screen...

I made a neat little SAC Calculator/Bottom Time Calculator you might be interested in. PM me if you want it. I might try to add the bouyancy calculator to that.

ZzzKing:

I made a neat little SAC Calculator/Bottom Time Calculator you might be interested in. PM me if you want it. I might try to add the bouyancy calculator to that.

Oh-UH! I would like one of those please! Palm or CE platform?

ZzzKing:

Very handy stuff! I'd be interested in the SAC Calc/BT also.

I have seen the thing kicking around for months and the one time I try to use it the links are down. Anyone know of another link to it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom