The weirdest things I ever ate were...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weirdest thing i ate... cow dung!

it was by accident, I was riding my mountain bike on a cow farm and my front tire hit a pool of cow dung, and splattered thru my face and mouth - GROSS!

Oh man that brings back a memory of my worst thing (which tops the previous one I posted): A few years ago during lambing season, while a ewe was having her lamb, a small amount of the fluid involved in the process splashed into my mouth.

Seriously gross. (Kinda tasted like lemon though)

:rofl:

spog:
In China, I was served snake - the White Mountain Cobra.

Once we had finished that, they brought out a metal tray with surgical instruments on it and a cloth covered bowl. Inside was a tiny little organ from the snake (I believe it was the gall bladder). Carefully using the tools, they cut it open and squeezed out the liquid therein. It was bright green.

This was proclaimed to be great for men and was mixed with more rice wine and drank. I can't say that I felt a rise in my virility, but that may have been due to the rice wine.

All things considered, I think I would have preferred a KFC

spog

Can't say for sure but I would guess the little organ was actually the Venom Sac. I know several Vietnam Vets who have told a very similiar story about snake in Vietnam but it was the Venom Sac. :11:

Tanzania-Africa
Cape Buffalo - Good
Impala - Excellent
Hardebeest - Excellent
Zebra (Never Again)

Texas
Rattlesnake
Alligator (not that weird)
Deer, Rabbit, etc.
Elk
American Buffalo (Bison)
Longhorn (Very lean beef)

When I was young, sometimes I would eat newspaper - yikes! Wonder who else have done this!

I had jellyfish today for the first time. Probably the last too. It tasted like rubber bands.

Joe

outlawaggie:
Can't say for sure but I would guess the little organ was actually the Venom Sac. I know several Vietnam Vets who have told a very similiar story about snake in Vietnam but it was the Venom Sac. :11:

I think it is the gall bladder, bile is green.

3dent:
My wife's a Pediatric RN, and she say's it's not uncommon at all for hospitals to give charcoal to kids who've ingested a poison. On a side note, they also have a stock of sterile leaches that (I believe) are sometimes used to keep a wound clean.

3dent, yeah, when I worked at the hospital for a summer job, one RN took me into a patient's room and watched RN put a leech on a wound, to eat up the dead tissues. In a few days of doing that, he was released and his wound improved greatly!

Hmmm, not me.........My dad came home one night drunk off his A$$$$. My mother had placed a can of dog food on the kitchen counter for the dogs. When she woke up in the monring, the can was empty..........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom