The weirdest things I ever ate were...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't know if its really weird food, cuz I like it, but some of these no one has listed yet:

oxtail

Ackee & saltfish (ackee is a fruit in jamaica, cooked it looks and taste like scrambled eggs, if you eat it before its fully ripened it will kill you), my best friend's Dad cooks this for me when I come over to visit. National dish of Jamaica.

Escargot

Gator

I know how to clean a squirrel, but left before dinner was ready

raw conch

I'm from the Philippines and once I had two Americans over to install a machine. One night while drinking, I bought balut from a street vendor and had to PUSH REALLY HARD to make them try it. The look on their face was priceless.

After picking his teeth for a while one guy asked: Is it normal to have all this feathers? and the bones are a bit tough.

I answered: I don't know. Never tried the stuff.

haha. He was so pissed he threw a plate of peanuts on me. And I have never heard so much cursing.

We also have dinuguan or dugo dugo. Dugo is blood in Filipino. My dad calls it chocolate pig.

Wendy:
Don't know if its really weird food, cuz I like it, but some of these no one has listed yet:

oxtail

Ackee & saltfish (ackee is a fruit in jamaica, cooked it looks and taste like scrambled eggs, if you eat it before its fully ripened it will kill you), my best friend's Dad cooks this for me when I come over to visit. National dish of Jamaica.

Escargot

Gator

I know how to clean a squirrel, but left before dinner was ready

raw conch
Salt fish,salt beef, staple food here for years. A lot of the salt fish found in Jamaca origionated from Newfoundland.
Can't beleive nobody's mentioned Peanut Butter with bologna on toast, or maybe I'm just weird

It occurs to me that "weird" food and "disgusting" food are not necessarily the same thing. Something can be weird, but good. Scrapple, to me, is not weird, but I do find it disgusting...more "food for thought..."

What is Scrapple?

The first time I saw scrapple in a grocery store, I picked it up to look at the list of ingredients. The first item listed was cow lips.
Cow. Lips. :confused1 :yuck:
I am a cow scientist, and I never even realized that cows had lips.

In Japan, I ate raw squid ( straight from the tank ) and slightly stunned ....( not dead )...

I think they feed that to the tourists .... ( They laughed when I ate it )

I never realised how strong my gag reflex was ...

BM_O

I love the stuff. It does take a certain amount of time to get used to korean food but it's extremely addictive once you do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom