There are adult ads on ScubaBoard : (

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First, serious stuff. All I get here is dive related stuff,so, I don't mind. Like said in another thread, if it helps to run this place, I'm OK with it.
OP (me) is a straight married woman. LOL.
So say you.:poke:

Edit edit: I was wrong. The problem with the user groups was just a remnant of the move to xenforo. I joined and then left the group and now "supporting member" does not show up for me. So the definitive answer to your question is yes, you can remove the red banner at your leisure if you want.
I still see you as "red".

xenForo doesn't support an upgrade without the banner. However, you can always send money to PayPal@ScubaBoard.com if you just want to donate. :D

actually in your case since you're a Supporting member you can opt out. I'd have to check but I believe it gets all the ads. You should have a checkbox in your profile settings.

There's a bug (or maybe it's deliberate?). I reported the bug just over two months ago here: Advertisements have started showing up for supporters

First, serious stuff. All I get here is dive related stuff,so, I don't mind. Like said in another thread, if it helps to run this place, I'm OK with it.

So say you.:poke:

I still see you as "red".
That's because I turned it back on after verifying that I could turn it off. Personally, I like the banner. I left the "supporter" group again so you guys can see that the banner is gone.

xenForo doesn't support an upgrade without the banner. However, you can always send money to PayPal@ScubaBoard.com if you just want to donate. :D
Actually, it does seem to work. However those of us who were supporters before the xenforo conversion have an extra step to do. We have to join the Supporters group and then leave it. The conversion left us in a state where we had the banner but weren't in the group. I assume that new supporters get put into the group normally and they only have to leave the group.. on the other hand.. assU-ME.. yep assumptions still have that same old effect :wink:

That's because I turned it back on after verifying that I could turn it off. Personally, I like the banner. I left the "supporter" group again so you guys can see that the banner is gone.
Cool, thanks.

In that case I am obliged to disclose that @The Chairman offered me a free class on buoyancy and trim, which I gladly accepted. :fear:
Meet us on the island of Rab for a dive or two......make sure you bring your dry suit! BRRRRR!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom