There are cowboys in Korea !!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greg somers

Reaction score
Well guys,bad news for me.The employer I was working for decided to end his pathetic venture into the dive world and I'm out of a job and he isn't wanting to pay me what he owes.It looks like I'm back to NZ in the next week.All I can say is DON'T EVER COME HERE !!!!!! I should have guessed when no-one answered my travel asia thread.There's a reason why people don't come here to dive.That's because the conditions suck and the operators aswell.It'll be good to get home,even if I am less than broke.Please lavish me with sympathy because not only have I lost my job today,but I found out that my grandfather died today aswell and I won't be able to get to Canada or Fiji as planned.
In all seriousness,don't come here to dive.It isn't worth it.
Cheers all Ears,
The Gasman

Keep your chin up. Sounds like both your emotional and financial investment went south. When that has happened to me, I try to rationalize that it was meant to be. Sorry about the loss of your Grandfather.
Press on.

Regards

Korea wasn't exactly on my list of places I would love go diving but, I'll make a mental note of your advice. Hang in there, eventually you'll get back on track financially. Jobs can be replaced. Unfortunately... Grandfathers cannot. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Bad news on you job falling through but hopefully everything will work itself out for you. Sorry about you Grandfather. Losses like that are always difficult. Hopefully life will smooth out for you.

Taltoz

Oh Greg,
You've brought so many smiles to our faces. And now you need us to help bring one to you.
Let's see... some words of wisdom here. When I was at my lowest, that is when I learned the most, and was the most humbled.
When things get better I'm sure you'll be able to look at all of this that way.
As for your grandfather, so sorry about that lost. But I'm sure he is really with you and will help from another dimension.
True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare,
False friends are like autumn leaves found everywhere.
Look to God, your true friends, and your family. They'll always be there for you.
:sunny:

Greg,
First let me say I am so sorry for your loss of your grandfather. Losing a loved one is so difficult and can make everything else that goes wrong seem even worse. Sounds like you weren't exactly thrilled with the job, so I know even though it's a lousy over-used cliche, it may be for the best. Gosh, I hate when people have said that to me, but as time went on I almost always found they were right. You may not get to Canada and Fiji "as planned" but remember you may still get there. Good luck and hang in there buddy.
Laura

Greg,

Real sorry to hear about your Grandfather, when I lost mine I was devistated for a long time, he & I were real close. Not only did I lose a grandfather, I lost a friend and companion as well. Time heals all wounds and this will come to pass.

NZ, hell Greg, I would kill to get there. Wanna swap and come to the "Diving Mecca of the World"?

Tears to cheers
for your ears

ID

Greg,

King Neptune and I are very sorry to hear about your grandfather. Losing a loved one is always a hard thing to deal with. Don't let anyone rush you through the greiving process. Take your time and work through it. You will have ups and downs, but just remember, your Scuba Source family is here when you need us.

Best Wishes,

and am in the middle of replying.

So sorry about your granddad, G. I nearly lost mine two weeks ago and it was not a good feeling. It will take time to get over his passing, but you of all people know that and you're a strong guy - you'll make it.

As for the 'cowboy' (ha!) - see my email.

Chin up chuck... we're here for you.
:)
CG

Unfortunately I am going to lose alot of money here,but I'd lose it all gladly to catch up with my grandfather.
I just feel that with all the time wasted here I could have seen him before he went.
I'll deal with it though and get back to NZ and ....HELL...I'll go diving.....
I'm trying to organise things here at the moment to get home. I'll try to get back by the end of the week.
I'm really a peaceful character and stuff doesn't throw me for long.I appreciate the words from the rednecks out there.
Cheers Sympathetic ears,
The gasman

Back
Top Bottom