Thermal Protection Recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I have Bare suits about 10 years old. My Bare made a lot of pool swims. It's finally showing signs of wear.

Quality rubber (and that means Rubatex 231N) makes all the difference, I get ten years out of a suit (and that's a LOT of dives). In addition it does not crush as much as you descend so weight is a little less of a problem and it is a lot warmer.

Thal, you have been teasing us with Rubatex 231N for some time now.:D

I'm guessing that we need to order this rubber and have it crafted into a custom suit?

I'm always up for learning and for trying a better product, and if there is any more room on the bandwagon..... All I need is a link, an address, or a number!

Want to share what brand that is? :popcorn:
Rubatex G-231-N is a material made by Rubatex, not a brand.
Thal, you have been teasing us with Rubatex 231N for some time now.:D

I'm guessing that we need to order this rubber and have it crafted into a custom suit?

I'm always up for learning and for trying a better product, and if there is any more room on the bandwagon..... All I need is a link, an address, or a number!
Google: "wet suit rubatex 231" you'll find a fair number of suit crafters.

...if you're diving the Henderson 'hyperstretchy' suits, those seem to have a reputation for falling apart early, apparently that material just doesn't hold up all that well....too 'soft' I guess ? I've had good experiences with Pinnacle suits, but a couple years ago switched over to Waterproof suits, and now own 7 mm and 5 mm and 3 mm full suits from Waterproof...their quality, fit and features appear to meet or beat anything else out there, and competitive pricing is available from Scubatoys.

I have read a lot about the Waterproof line, and I have been wanting the W1 7mm for a while. :D

With a little searching and reading, it appears that the main contender in the wetsuit market, using Rubatex G-231N is to be found here: Wetwear - Rubatex G-231-N100% Neoprene
There are standard sizes and custom suits available. It looks like the material and the construction of these suits make them top notch at a decent price.

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom