Thermalution Battery Powered, Heated Undershirt: A Product Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... "what if" i get a leak ... ?

Ah, yes.

The fabric itself is washable, but it might lose resistance if soaked in sea water, creating a short. The battery pack could get hot enough to melt. A big can could even explode.

The tape would probably stay dry nicely if it was sandwiched between two sheets of thin vacuum-sealed polyurethane.

Still, this would require some careful testing. The batteries store a lot of energy. Someone could get hurt.

The Thermalution product and its service/support are starting to sound like a pretty good deal.

Yeah would require some good testing and lots of work.. :) but for topside i might consider something like that for those long cold mountaineering trips durimg the winter! So thanks for the links tho :)

I have fallen in love with my latest drysuit purchase - which includes a heated undergarment - and have decided to sell my Thermalution Compact Dive Series shirt. Still works great... It's a size XL. Includes both batteries and the charger. Some cosmetic damage on the wired controller from an underwater chainsaw (don't ask), but functionally it's fine and it's not really a big deal.

The shirts originally sold for $699, but you can get them on sale today for $499. I'll ask half that since it's used: $250, you pay for shipping from 31326.

PM me.

I have fallen in love with my latest drysuit purchase - which includes a heated undergarment - and have decided to sell my Thermalution Compact Dive Series shirt. Still works great... It's a size XL. Includes both batteries and the charger. Some cosmetic damage on the wired controller from an underwater chainsaw (don't ask), but functionally it's fine and it's not really a big deal.

The shirts originally sold for $699, but you can get them on sale today for $499. I'll ask half that since it's used: $250, you pay for shipping from 31326.

PM me.

Man, if I was one size bigger I would be all over that. A great deal for some lucky person.

Anyone have additional info on Thermalution, or an alternative I should consider?

I'm a Monterey diver, 50 to 60 F, wetsuit only. Should I get the 70m with cord for $500, or the yellow plus for $800.

Any advice or comment is helpful.

Electric and water? I would never consider this in a million years!

Someone recently posted about getting burned with a similar product on the site...

I believe Thermalution uses sealed connectors, similar to tec / cave diver lights, and its a low 7.4 volts. But good point, anyone else see this as a safety issue?

Or other suggestions, if could just add 10 F to my warmth, I'd be super happy.

Anyone use a Thermalution product, have you had any issues with it?

i love my thermoloution But if a pin snaps inside the connector your in a pickle!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom