Thermalution Battery Powered, Heated Undershirt: A Product Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be diving California again this winter. Any chance of something coming to market by then?? Otherwise, I will have to invest in another semi-dry and stick with my Thermalution shirt.

'Fraid not.

...Which sucks, but I just gotta shoot straight on this one - there's no way I'll have a product out in the next 90 days.

I'm hoping to have production going next year.

Well, maybe I'll rent something out there and wait. Not like I need it for my everyday diving here in sunny Fla . . . But I did like California diving and plan to return regularly..

Will do.

The industry deserves this. :)

All this chatter has left me a little confused... what are the options available for us mainly drysuit divers then?

I used to have a wireless Thermulation and unfortunately it was one of their lemons (from the early days) that had many problems and although it was taken back and repaired under warranty several times (I had to pay for the couriers back and forth from Canada - so that wasn't fun), I lost faith in this product somewhat. I eventually ended up trading it back for their wired version after I couldn't handle paying to send it back yet again (they credited me the difference in price).

I still use the wired version under my drysuit (and with a wetsuit while on vacation), but this means that I can only use it on boat dives when I turn it on before splashing and turn it off after back on the boat. It's inconvenient to not be able to use my heated vest for shore dives, which is the majority of my diving.

I haven't been interested in the Santi heated vest option or DUI heated suit, both of them due to the size/weight of the external battery. What appealed to me most about the Thermulation initially was the small size of the batteries. I was thinking about buying another wireless Thermulation, now that the bugs have been worked out, but I see here on this thread that there may soon be other options?

The confusion is warranted. The whole industry is very confused as to where all of this technology is going... Especially when it comes to drysuits and heated items like shirts and suits when it comes to wetsuits. :)

Don't wait for what I'm building. I have no idea when I'll have it available.

My system will be wired to the inside of a drysuit... And the battery will be wired to the outside of the drysuit... With the connection between being waterproof. In fact, the connection will be the same on wetsuits as it is on drysuits.

Various batteries of different sizes will be available... With the controller on top of the battery. No wireless expense required, and no wired, dangling controllers. Full control, all the time. You could even pull the plug if you wanted to - helping to soothe those who are worried about runaway heating elements. :)

I have a lot to work on, though, before it's out. Don't wait. Could be a year or more.

I guess if I really think about it, you're right...

All I really want to do is stay warm... And since I dive every day, I don't know of anyone else who quite understands the need... :)

Been laying awake for the past few nights thinking about the company name. My last name's Bayne... Maybe I should use it, like Zeagle did. :)

A year is nothing... I have my wired Thermulation in the meantime. Besides I just bought a new MacBook Pro and two upcoming dive trips, so I can wait a year before I spend more big $$ anyway. :D

Wow... I really need to get on this fast.

Back
Top Bottom