These boots were made for froggin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are definitely neoprene socks that you can wear under them. You need to size the boot accordingly. I have 3mm-ish ones for wet travel and as an extra outer layer over my drysuit socks. I think I've seen 5mm ones too.
if I'm diving wet locally I have similar hard-sole 6mm wetboots.
I have a pair of 1mm neoprene socks. No, I've never used them.
Have you tried wool socks? I dive with them in my chuck taylors and everything stays less pruney and smelly. Well, my feet do anyways.
I have not. The polypropylene socks do just that for me.
Are these better than my neoprene-upper Chuck Taylors?
I've never worn Chuck Taylors, so I have no idea. I have Fred Flinstone feet, so getting a wide boot is important to me. Most dive boots pinch my feet and are uncomfortable after a bit.

Are those "D' rings on the back for a diver's Red & Green glow sticks ??
:stirpot:.......:rofl3:

I have a pair of 1mm neoprene socks. No, I've never used them.

I have not. The polypropylene socks do just that for me.

I've never worn Chuck Taylors, so I have no idea. I have Fred Flinstone feet, so getting a wide boot is important to me. Most dive boots pinch my feet and are uncomfortable after a bit.

yeah, chucks are the anti-christ for wide feet.

I thought the :) was enough to convey the humor. I guess not.
I'm probably overly sensitive. I dive the caves here in just a tie-died t-shirt, a swimsuit, and my OTBs. I get a lot of double-takes when I first encounter peeps down below. Once, after a fairly long deco, a cold water barbarian confided that seeing me relaxing with so little 'protection' made him chilled. :D

I've put them on, and they are great. I can't wait to go diving when the floods recede.
20210302_144002.jpg

I've got a pair of them and can't say enough good things about them. No thermal protection, but I tend to be ok barefoot in them into the low 50's. They drain quickly, but take a decent amount of time to truly dry.

A lot of my dive spots are rocky shore dives, so something with a "real" sole was something I wanted.

Plus they are available in wide.

Interesting, I still have to see how she drains, but I just stepped in a puddle and my feet are still dry. I wore the original OTBs in Moscow one February and was surprised how quickly water went the wrong way through those drain holes when I stepped into an icy puddle.
A lot of my dive spots are rocky shore dives, so something with a "real" sole was something I wanted.
My first trip to Bonaire was in "booties" and you had to be really careful. My second trip was in these and they did great. However, a number of my caves require me to scramble over rocks, so they're needed here as well.
they look great. throw some speed laces on those bad boys and never have to lean over again.
Yeah, I don't like the laces. What are speed laces? My OTBs, and the one that the sole delaminated on, have these awesome laces that have bumps in them. They don't come untied. Of course, I wear mine combat style with the socks pulled over the laces to prevent snags. That also keeps debris from getting between my sock and boot as well.

Interesting, I still have to see how she drains, but I just stepped in a puddle and my feet are still dry. I wore the original OTBs in Moscow one February and was surprised how quickly water went the wrong way through those drain holes when I stepped into an icy puddle.

My first trip to Bonaire was in "booties" and you had to be really careful. My second trip was in these and they did great. However, a number of my caves require me to scramble over rocks, so they're needed here as well.

Yeah, I don't like the laces. What are speed laces? My OTBs, and the one that the sole delaminated on, have these awesome laces that have bumps in them. They don't come untied. Of course, I wear mine combat style with the socks pulled over the laces to prevent snags. That also keeps debris from getting between my sock and boot as well.

basically 1/8" bungee cords. tie them off at the top (little knots so as not to slip through the holes) and Whamo! you've got yourself a pair of slip on diving shoes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom