These boots were made for froggin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad weather down there also?
The weather is awesome, but the caves are all flooded out. :(

The weather is awesome, but the caves are all flooded out. :(

Every time I can get in we get a storm up here. My new drysuit has been hanging for like a month wanting to get tested.

So I recently got a pair of OTBs, does anyone else find that the toe pocket seems small and pinches your toes when you move?

To those that use them, do your leave the rubber insole in, or pull it out?

So I recently got a pair of OTBs, does anyone else find that the toe pocket seems small and pinches your toes when you move?

To those that use them, do your leave the rubber insole in, or pull it out?
Also, when wearing them in place of wetsuit boots, do you use any sock with it, or just go barefoot

Also, when wearing them in place of wetsuit boots, do you use any sock with it, or just go barefoot

I have gone barefoot with the mid-height, and ended up with chafing in the Achilles area. Wearing them with socks seems to defeat the purpose (soggy socks are no fun) so I've kept them as shoreline shoes but still pack neoprene booties for diving.

Very interested in others' answers though; I still like the idea of just one shoes diving and shore. Curious what @The Chairman says about his polypro socks and drying out.

We haven't had a follow up from pete

The toe pocket seemed tight on mine. I sent them back and ordered the next half size larger to hopefully compensate for that. I did not think of removing the indole.

The toe pocket seemed tight on mine. I sent them back and ordered the next half size larger to hopefully compensate for that. I did not think of removing the indole.
Did the next half size up help, or have you not got them in yet?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom