Things for a non diver to do in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monarch_15w

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all its been a while since I asked any questions so I will fire with this one. I am going on a dive trip to Key Largo Fl. My lovely non diver wife has decided she wants to come. I plan on staying at the Marina Del Mar, and I don't know the area very well. I am looking for someone who knows what there is to do around there for my wife to do while I am diving. Is there any beaches near by that she could go to? Any shopping malls? Or anything like that available. I am looking for help here SB don't let me down.

Thanks
Dan

Send her down to the Dolphin Research Center or the turtle hospital. As far as mall shopping, Florida City is the closest. When I worked down there, the saying was, If K Mart didn't have it, you didn't need it. Not many beaches in the Keys, Bahia Honda would have the best. Kayak tour through Penne. would be fun. There are also some nature walk and bird trails in the area. Key West has some interesting stuff but it's also 100 miles or more one way. Your options are limited if you aren't a diver.

Well, if she is willing to drive, she could go up to the Everglades National Park. But there is good bird watching in Key Largo also. Kayaking has been mentioned. She could go to the park (Pennecamp) and spend some time. There is plenty of fishing. There are tour boats for dolphin watching and what not. Really, Key Largo is about diving and to a lessor extent eating and drinking.

Key Largo shopping is pretty thin on the ground.

Always the Glass Bottom Boat. The pool and hot tub at Marina del Mar is great place to lounge around...often Coconuts will have band playing during the day that she can listen to from the poolside

Geocaching :)

Post #3 and #4 got it. Anybody that is from here will tell you the same thing.

Try Harry Harris Park Beach located off mile marker 92.5 oceanside. Turn down Burton Dr and head for the ocean.
Nice quiet place to relax, has restrooms, and a tidal pool.

Don't forget the "African Queen".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom