Things that still amaze us...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving for 58 years... the underwater world still amazes me

What never ceases to amaze me is the experience of hanging weightless and motionless mid-water. The abyss below, the surface way above. And perhaps a vertical wall on my right.

I don't necessarily need much...

Acting like Jackie Coostow and breathing underwater. However, the ocean I dive in is anything but silent.

I love watching my bubbles rise to the surface. I love being able to float at whatever depth I choose, with nothing to stand on or hang from, in any orientation I feel like. I love staring at a fish and having it stare back. I love that there is always something new to see, learn, or experience.

Snorkeling in the Bio-Lume was (and I mean this literally, literally) AWESOME. I very reluctantly got back on the boat - everybody else was back up quite a bit earlier and I started to feel guilty ...

I did a night dive on Isla Mujeres back in February with bioluminescence. It was like swimming in outer space with stars everywhere. I literally cried with joy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom