Think life is good now? Wait until you turn 70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefduffer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Review of a paper in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

Think life is good now? Wait until you turn 70

Grumpy my A@# ! :cool2:

It can be quite entertaining to speculate on why, see the Ars article comments for starters. I can think of several plausible reasons, but that's just guesswork.

All I know is, at 63, even though I can objectively see the physical deterioration, I'm not inclined to disagree with these observations. Looking forward to life getting (subjectively) even better, aches and pains and the other insults of life, and limitations included.

I agree. My life is happier and more serene now than it was 15 years ago, despite the general aches and pains and stiffness.

I think kids have a lot to do with it. They're emotionally stressful, financially stressful, and stress our frequently already limited amounts of time. But people at 70 are also often retired, so they've taken work stress out of the picture, too.

Having been a physically active person all my life I do not like the physical changes and health issues of age that limits my abilities and enjoyment and as a consequence I can not say that life is better or I am happier at 66 than at any previous time. Some things are better (retired) but I tend to miss it camaraderie I had with my coworkers. The betters do not make up for the worse so overall I would not say that 66 is the happiest or best time of my life.
I would go back 10, 20, 30 or 40 years in a heart beat if I could even knowing not all was good all the time in those past years.

Back
Top Bottom