Thinking about doing Crocs at Chinchorro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkphoto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got back from leading a trip to Banco Chinchorro for American Crocodiles, and some very pretty reef diving in Xcalak.

I am happy to answer questions about the trip or camera gear needed.

Our hosts at XTC Dive Center were fantastic and made the trip go very smoothly. While out at Chinchorro, they kept us safe and conducted the whole thing professionally while keeping it fun
I came back with great photos underwater, above water, action videos, and great memories.

I can not recommend it enough

The reefs at Xcalak are brilliant and worth the trip even without the crocs. Be sure to do the dive with the resting tarpon!
photographing-crocodiles-in-Mexico-2.jpg

Did you happen to see my sailboat while diving at Banco Chinchorro? I wrecked it in 1976 on my wife's birthday (with her on it).

Did you happen to see my sailboat while diving at Banco Chinchorro? I wrecked it in 1976 on my wife's birthday (with her on it).

Hope she's not still there! I assume that you were on the windward side, geez what a nightmare!

Just got back from leading a trip to Banco Chinchorro for American Crocodiles, and some very pretty reef diving in Xcalak.

I am happy to answer questions about the trip or camera gear needed.

Our hosts at XTC Dive Center were fantastic and made the trip go very smoothly. While out at Chinchorro, they kept us safe and conducted the whole thing professionally while keeping it fun
I came back with great photos underwater, above water, action videos, and great memories.

I can not recommend it enough

The reefs at Xcalak are brilliant and worth the trip even without the crocs. Be sure to do the dive with the resting tarpon!
View attachment 421002

Cool! I will be back down there in 2 weeks, can't wait! Don't tell too many people about Xcalak & Banco Chinchorro. Let's keep it a secret so it won't turn into another Cozumel!

Our sail boat is in good company. It joined 28 freighters and 300 other small boats back then before GPS. Good wreck diving I imagine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom