Thinking about Freeport Grand Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pjdc1:
Hey,

A diving buddy of mine says that you havent dove till you've dove in warm water;
none of this cold murky chicago stuff.

OK, ... so i went looking;

Can you say WOW!!! Freeport Grand Bahamas.
Hi,
Viva is ok but way east of it all,you need to rent a car,foods ok,but its a place on great beach but your traped with the all inclusive,you cant get the feel for the Island,PM me and I can give you a link with photos and pics,trip reports on the place by a guy that loves the joint,
Chicagao you can get to GrandBahama dirt cheap more so after mid november they run a sky bus down,Air Tran,Laker,Delta,,ect great rates! hotels are up a bit since they lost a 1000 room resort last storm season,still not re-open, We get rooms $75.00 per night, the Island has some dumps to stay away From!!
PortLucaya is the location now to stay at,Several good dive opps,some ok,and the reg cattle boat sh_t by the way say UNEXO = They dont let the Dolphins out at night so dont go there!
The Islands a BLAST The Locals are Great! Its 60+miles East of PalmBeach FL,same weather,From the end of Oct-Thru April the weather is ok,waters warm,beer is cold at $12-$15 a six pack buy Rum at the duty free!
See and dive Theos wreck,
Have fun,see BilyJoe on the beach West of Westin=OurLucaya for lunch on the beach,Get out If you renta car for the day and see Jenks at Margaritavilla,AKA the Sand Bar! its a BLAST!
The beach east of the Margaritavilla
Brad

Thanks.

We were there four years ago and had a great time. Be aware you will be offered pot everywhere you go and that got a little old after nine times in four days. Even by a taxi driver from the Air Port to the resort. But besides that the diving was good We dove with Caribbean Divers and they are GREAT. They are a small op out of the Bell Channel Inn. One day there was four on the boat and the rest of the time there was just three of us. They were reasonably priced and would do anything you wanted. One day we wanted to stay shallow for three dives and no problem. there site is:
www.caribbeandivers-bahamas.com
we stayed at the Lucaya Yact club and it was very nice there.
I might go back on a short trip but would rather see some of the other islands as life is more abundant else where I am really hooked on Bonaire. but it is three times the money for resort and airfare. Have Fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom