Thinking about going tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, I'm thinking about going tec. I do not plan to go beyond 200, in fact I don't plan on going past 130. I would like to spend more time at depth though.

Right now with a N28 I get 18 minutes at 130. Switch tanks with surface interval and repeat.

If I go tec can I do say 30 minutes at 130, do all deco stops and repeat or am I at just that one dive? In other words will I get more actual bottom time?

Ok, I'm thinking about going tec. I do not plan to go beyond 200, in fact I don't plan on going past 130. I would like to spend more time at depth though.

Right now with a N28 I get 18 minutes at 130. Switch tanks with surface interval and repeat.

If I go tec can I do say 30 minutes at 130, do all deco stops and repeat or am I at just that one dive? In other words will I get more actual bottom time?

You’ll get more time in the water.... do you like hanging on a line like bait?

You’ll get more time in the water.... do you like hanging on a line like bait?

As long as I get pictures of the sharks who think I'm bait, taking pics make the hang time go faster, if not I guess it's just a magnetic chess set.

The additional bottom time is worth it to me.

the skills alone were worth it to me. I’m a much much better diver in the water and above the water when planning dives.
I feel much more confident after 3 tech classes that I can handle a **** hit the fan senerio than prior to ADvanced nitrox deco procedures and extended range.

Are you sure you won't be tempted to go deeper?
There is a nice wreck at 50m!

You could be on a slippery slope! Take one step at a time.

Good luck

Are you sure you won't be tempted to go deeper?
There is a nice wreck at 50m!

You could be on a slippery slope! Take one step at a time.

Good luck

The nice wreck here is at 200 feet, that's why I listed that above.

One of the reasons I went into tech - the time to explore a big wreck, end to end..... A 45 minute dive at 130 is very interesting to me... We do "techreational, with 10-15 minutes of deco are, IMHO, good dives. The understanding to not have to race to the surface ahead of the dreaded NDL is my diving comfort zone. We to annual trips that flirt the deco range, and being equipped to handle it is the right thing to do.

I actually started a helitrox/tri-mix training, but never finished it. Not doing really deep (for now)

YMMV

One of the reasons I went into tech - the time to explore a big wreck, end to end..... A 45 minute dive at 130 is very interesting to me... We do "techreational, with 10-15 minutes of deco are, IMHO, good dives. The understanding to not have to race to the surface ahead of the dreaded NDL is my diving comfort zone. We to annual trips that flirt the deco range, and being equipped to handle it is the right thing to do.

I actually started a helitrox/tri-mix training, but never finished it. Not doing really deep (for now)

YMMV

I want more bottom time on the 100-130ft wrecks as there are plenty of those to dive on But the 150ftish wrecks (well, one local one in particular) are the strongest pull.

@formernuke if you get narced bad at 130ft, consider Helitrox. TDI allows you to do Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures/Helitrox in one combo. This is what I’m doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom