Thinking about the new TG 5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does the TG5 do videos in macro mode? Is the focusing distance from near to infinity in macro mode?

P

@mmerriman
nice shot!! Its always tricky getting those little juvenile spotted drum fish while they are dancing around. Any other great shots from your trip??
yes - once I upload somewhere I'll send a link

Does the TG5 do videos in macro mode? Is the focusing distance from near to infinity in macro mode?

P
I'm told yes, but I didn't shoot and video. I have seen someone else's nudibranch videos that were amazing.

I just purchased the TG-5 and Olympus housing from Backscatter. Very easy people to work with. I am heading to Cozumel on April 5th so I am looking forward to trying it out. The video on youtube from ikelite showing macro video and it is pretty amazing.

I pulled the trigger on a TG 5 Tough and housing. I got mine from Optical Ocean since they were close to me and had the package discounted a bit. I'm glad to see that my tray and strobes from my SeaLife will work with this camera.

I really think Sony FDR X3000R should be considered for its price point.

What was the verdict on the shutter lag?

Both our older Olympus cameras had that problem. So bad in fact that one could only be used for video.

Did I miss something? Shutter lag? I have a tg3 and a tg4 and neither has any noticeable lag. I love both my camera's but just can't justify buying a tg5........,yet. I did learn the camera is the least expensive part of the equation, light's run up the bill. My tg's make me look like I know what I am doing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom