Thinking of diving Curacao- any hints/suggestions/places to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Natasha!

I did go to Lion's Den a couple of evenings to enjoy there liveband, but I do not know that much about it other than it looked like a place I would stay. The pool was small.

We had a different experience with Ocean Encounters than Niel Stewart, but we went with our local diveshop and all our arrangements were made ahead of time. Also we only did two or three days of boat diving and then did the rent a truck and shore dive adventure which we loved.

Habitat is a long way away from town, but I have heard great things about the operation from friends of mine and I am looking forward to staying there sometime. I hope to perhaps split my next trip with 4-5days at habitat and three days closer to town. I have no information about the Princess (now Breezes) since it changed hands.

When we dove with Ocean Encounters were did not have crowded boats and I do not remember the smell being any worse on their boats than other places.

Keep me posted on your trip there in 2003.

Laine

Laine:
You just came up with a brilliant idea. We will split up our stay in March 03. 4 days at Habitat and 3 days at Lions for the location to town.
That way it will be easy to shore dive the mushroom forest, and have different shore dives, and be closer to the wreck dives, staying at Lions.
Thank You girl! I'll be working on that trip at the end of this month when I meet with the Curacao people here in Chicago.
Love it ..thanks again!

:idea:

Natasha,

We had been thinking about a third trip for a while, but we just could not choose between the shore and boat...so it does seem like a great way to see both ends of the island and experience both boat and shore diving. Let me know how the trip developes as we have not made our 2003 trip plans yet.

Make sure you plan a dive on the Superior Producer when you are at the Lion's Den.

We just got back from Tobago and did the split trip theme there and it worked great. It was almost like having two vacations in one. People might think that the packing up and moving would be a hassel, but with a little planning it was a breeze and we just used the trip between ends as kind of a Island site seeing venture.

Laine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom