Thinnest/flattest line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_mc

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I'm after a line which will allow me to put much more onto my spools.

I guess I'm looking for something much flatter than the usual nylon line but still just as strong.

Any tips?

That's really good line, just beware that it doesn't stretch much do you really need to place it well so it doesn't slip off. same thing when clipping off the spool, otherwise I really like it.

Unless your spools are really large I don't think you will gain much more line. I know some people who put #18 line on their reels instead of the standard #24 so that they can get more line on a smaller reel.

I have the DGX Hi-Viz line on a few spools and that seems to be exactly what you're looking for. They claim that on a 100' spool you can get 150' and on a 50' spool you can fit 75'.

thinnest/flattest line will be sewing thread or fishing line.... Not great for actual use, but if you want the most line on there, fishing line will do it. The better question is why? You can get a LOT of #18 line on spools

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom