Thinsulate Undergarment - Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Seaskin thinsulate undergarment does not have any washing instructions on it. Considering that each time I doff the suit I'm always sweaty, I imagine it's going to get pretty punk after awhile. Anyone know the proper way to clean it so that it doesn't lose it's insulating properties? Thanks.

Mine has a label with laundry symbols but no words. It says it can be machine washed at 40 degrees C, no bleach, no iron (who in the frick would try to iron that thing?), don't wring. It doesn't say yay or nay on tumble drying.

I tried asking them about the dryer in an email, but they never replied. I put mine in the washer and then hang to dry. I'd like to be able to fluff it up in the dryer but IDK if that's ok. I try not to wash mine too much. Wearing a good base layer underneath helps cut down on how smelly it gets.

Wash with cold water on the delicate cycle with a dash of detergent, tumble dry low - been doing this for my DUI 450 and Santi 200 for a few years and haven't noticed any deterioration in how it looks or keeps me warm. Not after every use, maybe after 3-4 times wearing it.
Like @laikabear Merino wool base layer keeps most of the funk away and gets washed after every dive day.

Gentle cycle, dry with very low heat or hang dry.

Back
Top Bottom