This brave little guy ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divernoob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Bit my dive buddy right on the nose (through his mask) and chased him all over the place. It's a fish I can't identify. The pic ain't the greatest, but the thing looks like it has 2 dorsal fins. Any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_0252c.jpg
    IMG_0252c.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 250
Definitely looks like a type of Triggerfish. Very common in tropical and subtropical waters throughout the world. Some species are VERY territorial when it is mating/breeding season. I have been chased off on occasion by nasty Titan Triggers out here. Suckers have teeth!

Gray Triggerfish (Balistes capriscus) the younger ones often show this barring with that dark spot on the back/top. I can also see the blue dots all over it.

It's a purple polkadot people pecker eater.

You got really lucky this time.

He only went after your nose.

I was attacked by a Damselfish a couple of weeks ago at the bow of the Vandenberg.
Mean little buggers! Triggers are pretty territorial when mating or protecting eggs.

Back
Top Bottom