http://www.diveheart.org/

This is why we do it - Note from Kimbers son on a xmas 2 remember

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been out of town for a while and couldn't check my emails. Today I started going through them and found a note from Kimber's son, Jeremy (16/17 yrs). I know I have thanked all of you that have helped out but the following email I believe is why we do it. Seems we made someone's day very special. :madnoel:

"i wanna thank scuba board for EVERYTHING
this christmas definatly came at the worst time
with my mom in the hospital and no one in the family trying to help her out, what you guys did again put the smiles on our faces
i am so thankful my mom has such caring friends in the scubaboard family
if i could give all of you a fatt hug i would
thank you again
jeremy"

A very Happy Happy New Year to each and every one of you.

Much love,

-MissD

:crying:

oh shucks Miss, that needed a kleenex warning!!!!!!

what makes my heart ache most is that these kids are still so young and they have been thru so much already

i like to think that what we do right now (or at christmas) to reach out and help someone will contribute to their nature in future...... i like to think that one day, when they are adults they too will be willing and happy to reach out and help someone else onto their feets when the going is tough

whats that old saying - it takes a village and as we know, SB is a community so big hug to all that helped make this family christmas (and 2008 as we contributed to school items/clothing also not just toys) a little easier

:hugs:

Other than seeing Jeremy for a few hours and the beautiful pendant with real diamonds - my Christmas pretty much sucked.

I saw Logan and Kylia for about 3 minutes when my niece picked Jeremy up to take him to dinner at my Aunt and Uncles house.

I didn't get the chance to see the kids open even one of their gifts.
I'm planning on a better Christmas next year.

Jeremy had a rough morning at his house when he opened his gifts (his dad got him a jackt when he already has about 4-5 jackets/sweatshirts that still fit him) but when I gave him a hint on what was coming from SB his face was in awe.

I'm putting some of the money that was sent away as the kids got a bunch of clothes - shoes etc from my family and church.

I would prefer to spend it when there is a real need. I hope that's ok. I have a small apartment and I really don't want to clutter it with more junk and toys the kids will play with 3-5 times then forget about.

I may buy Kylia a skateboard (ER - here we come!) and a bicycle for Logan so he can ride it to school.

As for me - I have no idea - its been so long since I have had extra money - I wouldn't know what to buy! )-:

The kids were soooooo excited to get the Wii! They weren't expecting it at all.

I'm sorry this is so late - that surgery and rehab after really kicked my butt. I got home Friday afternoon and have just been taking it easy.

I had my first physical therapy visit today - this visit was just a bunch of paperwork - Friday the real work begins.

thank you again all of you here that gave my children yet another wonderful Christmas!

I Love You All!

Kimber

Definitely a bit of a tear jerker and I'm a tough old steel hearted (no Al for me) kind of guy.

Jeremy got his mom a diamond pendant... Hrmmm I think I must have a lil chat with my boys :wink:

Back
Top Bottom