This looks interesting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I do not know if this is new or I am just seeing it for the first time. Carter(the lift bag company) now makes a SMB that will lift 75LBS. This seems like it should be a no brainer for those who carry a SMB and a lift bag.

Personal Floats Safety Sausage Tubes

I have been carrying a Dive Rite surface marker that is also a lift bag. I like it because it is tall and wide and bright yellow. It stows in a mesh pocket that I mounted on the bottom of my BC so I can just reach back with my left hand, open the velcro and pull it out. My reel is clipped on with a double ender to the D-ring at the left hip. Makes it very easy to use.

I do not know if this is new or I am just seeing it for the first time. Carter(the lift bag company) now makes a SMB that will lift 75LBS. This seems like it should be a no brainer for those who carry a SMB and a lift bag.

Personal Floats Safety Sausage Tubes

I'm pretty sure it's not new, maybe just seeing for the first time.

I own a smaller CBSS25, had an issue with it leaking Carter were awesome, replaced it with a new one and repaired and returned the old one all at zero cost, to Japan I might add, amazing. I'm a Carter customer for life.

Last edited:
No, not new, just seeing for the first time.

I own a smaller CBSS25, had an issue with it leaking Carter were awesome, replaced it with a new one and repaired and returned the old one all at zero cost, to Japan I might add, amazing. I'm a Carter customer for life.

I have the same one, great DSMB.

I'm pretty sure it's not new, maybe just seeing for the first time.

Carter has been an outstanding company for decades! I have never heard from anyone who had one bad thing to say about them.

I have used a similar one by DiveRite for years off of New Jersey and it saved my butt more than once. No issues with a load, current or winds.

I really enjoy drift diving and was looking at the carter 75 with a reel for a dsmb option when diving in Cozumel. How easy are these to inflate at depth with your reg or low pressure hose? Havent really been able to find a good picture of it yet.

Right now I have a smaller smb and I want something bigger. Im 6'4,250 lbs and the one i have now feels like a toothpick (4 ft long and about 2.5 inches wide oral inflate). I know it may be overkill, but I want something durable and not flimsy/cheap like my current one.

Would you guys recommend the carter 75?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom