This ought to Work Several of you into a Frenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What amazes me is that "Spare Air" continues to exist - enough that they're introducing new product lines? Obviously they're trying to address the biggest weakness/complaint by offering a larger size, but I've yet to encounter someone with a positive opinion of "Spare Air", so much so that I figure the reputation is beyond repair. Are they really selling enough product to justify trying to salvage the product and name?

EDIT: sorry, forgot the frenzy part - IF YOU BUY THIS YOU'LL DIE EVEN BEFORE GETTING IN THE WATER! :mad:

3F1F804A-9BCD-4E3F-B9FC-7C3085265A6D.jpeg

Frenzy?

No, this is just 2.o reboot silliness...

just love this....look...a new SCUBA word for those hep cats....
  • Second Stage Regulator combined with innovative EasyDive Snorkelator to quickly switch from Snorkel to regulator and back again - conserving your air
    7C839BCC-8C1D-4055-BB2B-1113048019A7.jpeg
  • But did you die?

e Spare Air Xtreme 6 is a complete minimalist dive and snorkel system. Comes assembled with everything to jump in the water for a 15-20 minute shallow dive, cleaning the boat & more!

xtreme-6-unit-outlined-wlabel-236x300.jpg
At just under 5 pounds it is the lightest weight of its peers on the market. The kit incorporates the New Snorkelator – a patented technology that allows you to switch from snorkel to dive mode with the turn of the dial and just one mouthpiece! Don’t waste your precious air from the tank kicking out to your favorite spot; stay in ‘Snorkel’ mode until ready to go under, then switch to ‘Dive’ mode and head underwater. No longer limited to the surface and quick underwater swims, snorkelers can take occasional deeper dives to explore the shallows, with less equipment than a full diver set-up would require.

e Spare Air Xtreme 6 is a complete minimalist dive and snorkel system. Comes assembled with everything to jump in the water for a 15-20 minute shallow dive, cleaning the boat & more!

View attachment 625355At just under 5 pounds it is the lightest weight of its peers on the market. The kit incorporates the New Snorkelator – a patented technology that allows you to switch from snorkel to dive mode with the turn of the dial and just one mouthpiece! Don’t waste your precious air from the tank kicking out to your favorite spot; stay in ‘Snorkel’ mode until ready to go under, then switch to ‘Dive’ mode and head underwater. No longer limited to the surface and quick underwater swims, snorkelers can take occasional deeper dives to explore the shallows, with less equipment than a full diver set-up would require.
All this wonderful unit needs is something to punch you in the gut hard enough to make you exhale if the pressure decreases...

The hands-free feature is nice. Using this thing from the surface for something like clearing a fouled prop actually makes sense. Of course they have to ruin it by claiming it's good for "occasional deeper dives to explore the shallows".

Just because a diver does not like or use a certain tool does not mean that tool is useless for everyone else. I certainly do not condone the use of spare air, or any other air source, for those not trained in the correct and safe use, but I have a hard time understanding why divers would care if another diver decides to carry a 3.0-6.0 cu ft spare air bottle. As @norwhal said above.

Just because a diver does not like or use a certain tool does not mean that tool is useless for everyone else. I certainly do not condone the use of spare air, or any other air source, for those not trained in the correct and safe use, but I have a hard time understanding why divers would care if another diver decides to carry a 3.0-6.0 cu ft spare air bottle. As @norwhal said above.
Fits well into the “better to have it and not need it” saying

Back
Top Bottom