This ought to Work Several of you into a Frenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just because a diver does not like or use a certain tool does not mean that tool is useless for everyone else. I certainly do not condone the use of spare air, or any other air source, for those not trained in the correct and safe use, but I have a hard time understanding why divers would care if another diver decides to carry a 3.0-6.0 cu ft spare air bottle. As @norwhal said above.

I'm surprised this topic isn't debated more often.

How many people are “dying” to buy this product at $500 MSRP?

How many people are “dying” to buy this product at $500 MSRP?

MSRP is a meaningless term. A used Spare Air can be found for under $200, less than the cost of a small pony bottle with regulator and easier to take on an airplane.

MSRP is a meaningless term. A used Spare Air can be found for under $200, less than the cost of a small pony bottle with regulator and easier to take on an airplane.

I doubt that $200 includes the EasyDie, oops, EasyDive Snorkelator! I’ve carried an aluminum pony on almost all of my flights to Bonaire and Cozumel without issue.

The whole issue for me is the patented snorkelator. Instantaneously switching back and forth between air from the surface to compressed air - from the exact same mouthpiece, is a perfect way to embolize, should a diver get confused.

I also can't imagine that the snorkel will not become a pain in the butt to use with a regulator valve stuck on the end of it and a scuba hose as well. How hard is it to spit a snorkel and put a regulator in your mouth?

That's a minor issue compared to my fears that somebody gets mixed up about whether they are freediving or snorkeling.

Reactions: OTF
What could possibly go wrong?

5E8850AF-E921-4D45-BC6A-4C8AAFB2F92A.jpeg

I've carried an aluminum pony on almost all of my flights to Bonaire and Cozumel without issue.

I have as well, but let's face it not everyone is going to want to get involved with carrying the larger pony tank, enmptying it beforehand, unscrewing the valve, and then possibly having to get it VIP'd and then refilled every time they travel.

Reactions: Doc
I have as well, but let's face it not everyone is going to want to get involved with carrying the larger pony tank, enmptying it beforehand, unscrewing the valve, and then possibly having to get it VIP'd and then refilled every time they travel.

Sure, traveling with a pony is a bit inconvenient, however, the dive op fills it for free in Cozumel and we whip it ourselves in Bonaire. I have been on boats with people carrying Spare Air bottles and I am completely indifferent about their usage by a certified diver. Unfortunately similar products have been marketed to the ignorant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom