This ought to Work Several of you into a Frenzy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SNORKELATOR... Hahahaha hahaha. I would have loved to be in the room when someone pitched that name.

Can you take a filled spare air on a plane? Hardly so what benefit does a spare air give you with regard to air travel?

It's really easy to refill a Spare Air from a regular sized tank.

I think you oversold on the title of the thread. I was looking forward to something REALLY juicy!!!! Like backplate/wing stuff!!! :wink:

I see. Never used one before.
We always do a shore dive first when going on vacation and we fill our SA off of that tank. We are always shallow and just testing weighting and equipment so the slight loss of air in the tank makes no difference.

the slight loss of air in the tank makes no difference

A fan of the spare air uses almost the same argument as the detractors. :snorkel:

I’m not taking either side, just found it amusing.

You know what could be cheaper than a spare air? Diving with a can of compressed dust blast! No pesky hydros or refills!

Yes, i'm kidding. I know it's not breathing air but something else.

A fan of the spare air uses almost the same argument as the detractors. :snorkel:

I’m not taking either side, just found it amusing.
Not much in one. Any thoughts of use to actually do something are silly. They are for a few breaths in an OOA emergency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom