Those of you there now, need answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK lots of you from SB are there now and/or just came home so, we're packing and wondering the average water temp right now that you are seeing on your dive computers. We're usually in Cozumel in the fall, so not sure which dive skins to pick to bring next weekend.
Thanks for your help.....be there soon! :kiss2:

very thin.. it warm this time of the year.. I normally dont wear anything but shorts.. when a hydroid hits me then I may start wearing more coverage.

My wife is on the island now and she made two dives on Wednesday and both recorded 82 degrees on her computer. She was diving in a skin and was very comfortable. No rain at the house and it is hot.

My wife and I just finished 7 days of boat and shore dives on Cozumel today. Her computer showed 82 nearly every day and mine showed 84. We were comfortable in 3/2 full suits all week except on one dive (Cedral I think) when there was very cold current coming up from the deep water.

Most divers on our boats had a 3mm full suit, a few in skins and a couple in shorts although one had his luggage lost by the airlines and was cold diving and on the boat. Our dive master wore a skin with a shorty and hood over it.

Thank you for the quick responses! I love coz-a-holics! We all know how to help each other out down to the smallest, but important details (which keeps us coming back for more)!
Thanks again!

We were in Cancun and Playa del Carmen May 4-13. Water temps low-80's. On the Arch at 106 FSW I showed 81 degrees.

Will be there on the 21st. I dive in June with no skin or wet suit during the day and just a rash guard on my torso/arms at nite. The wife on the other hand, dives with a 3 mil shorty all the time but she also rides a wakeboard in 74 degree water in a dry suit.

OK lots of you from SB are there now and/or just came home so, we're packing and wondering the average water temp right now that you are seeing on your dive computers. We're usually in Cozumel in the fall, so not sure which dive skins to pick to bring next weekend.
Thanks for your help.....be there soon! :kiss2:
From the sticky at the top of the forum:
Q: What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 - 84 range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

From the sticky at the top of the forum:
Q: What is the water temp in Cozumel?

The YEAR ROUND water temperature in Cozumel is consistently in the 78 - 84 range.

December - Feb: 78 - 80 +/-
March - May: 80 - 82 +/-
May - September: 82 - 84 +/- (occasionally can get in the 85/86 range...all computer variable anyway)
October - November: 80 – 82

Sticky's are great.
Average's are great.
Real time information from live sources can't be beat.
The OP asked for real time information. You spent more time copying a sticky than it would take for someone to answer, which they already did.

Back
Top Bottom