• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by ttsugar, Dec 11, 2019.

1. ttsugar

ttsugar Garibaldi

# of Dives: 50 - 99
  2. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I think it fills a huge hole: a dive computer targeting the recreational market with a Buhlmann ZH-L16c at a very competitive price of $275. I think it also would meet the needs of entry level tech courses as it doesn’t have programmable GF but three GF setting (Posted on the Deep Six FB page in a comment but I don’t remember - Edit: 35/75, 40/85, 45/95).

I bought one to evaluate.

I believe it may be just what I’m looking for my future dive op to provide dive computers for my customers.

I simply do not like all the RGBM offerings so this is quite welcome to me.

rsingler and NothingClever like this.
  3. Diver below 83

Diver below 83 Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    It’s a fantastic entry into DC’s.

4. aviator8

aviator8 Professional Photographer

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I picked up one to evaluate. I probably wont use as my main but can use as a spare, backup, or loaner. I may just give it to my daughter if it works on her arm better than her Cosmiq+. She likes that computer but it slides off her small wrist so she has to strap it to a chest d-ring. If I can get this to stay put on her arm I;m sure she will like this better.

NothingClever likes this.
  5. athigunk

athigunk BKK Divers

Good computer. I like my Deepblu Cosmiq+ with a colorful screen. No problem so far :)

aviator8 likes this.
  6. lowwall

lowwall Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Pretty much the functionality of a Geo 4.0 at the price of a Geo 2.0? I'm leaving Saturday for Cozumel. I'm going to call them in the morning and see if it can be overnighted in time.

BTW, check your spam folder. That's where I found my copy of the e-mail.

Why isn't the stripe on the strap orange? I like orange.

7. LandonL

LandonL ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    It is orange, just a preliminary image without proper color adjustments. We will have better pictures soon.

8. ttsugar

ttsugar Garibaldi

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Looked around and found it is basically a Crest CR-4, us$170 locally

Attached Files:

abnfrog, tridacna and CaveSloth like this.
  9. txaggie08

txaggie08 Barracuda

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    You understand that a lot of deep six's stuff is "basically just" something else right? Same goes with a lot of scuba gear....

There are only a certain number of OEMs for niche products, doesnt mean they cloned it, they're just buying it from the same oem.

Deep six has a good reputation for their products and customer support and if they're launching it as part of their product line, it bodes well for the design

wetb4igetinthewater and cerich like this.
  10. LandonL

LandonL ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    To be fair, our Signature line products are our own custom designs, hence why they are called Signature products. We are surprisingly open about our development process and sourcing compared to others in this industry.

Many people seem to forget how small this industry really is. Many brands rely on shared manufacturing resources for various components or products, from neoprene to regulators to computers. We do a mix of ODM and OEM manufacturing, as do many others. We also partner with other companies that specialize in particular areas to work together on product designs.

We certainly appreciate the kind words, and look forward to getting a great product out there.