• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by ttsugar, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Schwob

Schwob Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    "Just" as in yesterday and "evaluate" as in just use and thus form an opinion... eventually ... , but otherwise ditto...

wetb4igetinthewater likes this.
  2. lowwall

lowwall Manta Ray

Deep6, (cerich or LandonL) can you post when you have them in hand? I called earlier and was told they were supposed to arrive today, but weren't there yet. If it can be sent out today or tomorrow, I'll order one and pay for the overnight shipping. Otherwise, I'll wait a bit and see what other folks find out.

Also any info for connecting via the included Bluetooth? For example, will there be an app or are you just hoping Subsurface will add it?

3. cerich

cerich ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    They are on a customs hold in California at the moment. As I posted in my email, I expected as much.

App come soon

lowwall likes this.
  4. cerich

It will not be shipping tommorow nor day after. Don't see it happening. Likely next Monday or Tuesday

5. lowwall

lowwall Manta Ray

Thanks for the info.

6. 100days-a-year

100days-a-year Solo Diver

My thoughts. I spearfish. I do repetitive dives. I dive deep.

1. I like a console mount, wrist computers are more easily fouled spearfishing or lobstering.
    2. Those GFs look like they push stops too deep for me and are far to conservative for me. It looks like the runtimes for those GFs will look a lot like a bubble model's.
    3. For tech dives using a rec computer for a backup to a real tech computer is less than optimum. 2 of these in guage mode with tables would be fine and at a decent price point.

7. cerich

we aren't recommending this as a tech computer backup, we are recommending this as a recreational computer.

BLACKCRUSADER and chillyinCanada like this.
  8. StefinSB

StefinSB Manta Ray

If they are at the Port in Long Beach I can pick one up there. Saves you shipping ;-)

cerich likes this.
  9. cerich

they are sitting at the Fedex warehouse in Macon, GA at the moment. Thank you so much for the offer however.. :)

aviator8 likes this.
  10. Marie13

Marie13 Great Lakes Mermaid ScubaBoard Supporter

I have small wrists. The solution is to wear your computer on your forearm rather than right on your wrist like you would a watch. That’s the only way my computer(s) stay on when diving wet.