• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by ttsugar, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Andrew Dawson

Andrew Dawson Barracuda

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I would say it was only a few mins...2-3mins...

2. stadevene

stadevene Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I’d bet if you you have the log stop time set to a minute by the time you got out of the water and looked at the screen it will have reverted back. I wonder if setting the log stop to 5 mins would give one a better chance of seeing the display. It would be cool to be able to pull it up on demand though.

also selfishly I’d really like integration with divinglog from diving.de. I really like that app/program and would like to see some integration. Maybe once the app is out Sven from diving.de can get it in there. He seems to add computers frequently.

Tournesol2000 and Andrew Dawson like this.
  3. waterone

waterone Angel Fish

Would it be possible in a future firmware update to have the option to reverse the text so the outside of the numbers/letters is dark and the insides are bright?

With so much whitish back ground this thing is like a flashlight even on setting 1.

4. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

I picked up one of the excursions, trying to look around to see if anyone has come up with a bungee option like the teric? (or the perdix) Any pros / cons to this? (Maybe we should start another thread?)

Here's the bungee mount teric thread;
    Teric bungee mount adapter?
    I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I can't find it...

The watch band is ok, but bare skin leaves some overhang, drysuit is tighter for sure....not at all easy to don like my current bungee setup with two independent attachment points. The band is good, just not great for me and how I dive.

I thought about designing something for a 3D printer like this;
    Новая страница 1
    but my design capabilities suck, and I can't see a way to mount it on something like this and still be able to charge...

I really like this DC, big step up from my current air only DC that's 15 yrs. old. I think it's perfect for rec diving. Perfect price point too.

Andrew Dawson likes this.
  5. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Concur.
    I did a couple of 2-3min dives to see what happened when I surfaced.
    To see the display with the dive graph I had to press the middle button, right side, once, after the dive ended. then the display showed for about two minutes, until the light dimmed. It reverted to showing the time. the "STOP LOGGING" setting did not seem to have any effect, except for it taking longer after I surfaced for the dive to be "finished." If I pressed any button other than that middle one on the right, I never got to see that graph. The graph screen said OC END at the top. Nice, but not very useful.

Andrew Dawson likes this.
  6. aviator8

aviator8 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    That is pretty cool.

7. rob.mwpropane

I think so too. I was thinking maybe leave the charging port side open just enough to let the charger fit.....but again, my design skills aren't great, and it takes (me at least) a good amount of time, which I don't have...

aviator8 likes this.
  8. undrwater

undrwater Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Most (if not all) of the 3rd party dive computers use libdivecomputer for communicating with various DC's.
    libdivecomputer/libdivecomputer

If you have the device, contact them and they can probably help you help them support it. I believe they have a binary that grabs the data raw, then it's just a matter of interpreting the data. I think it was @LandonL that mentioned it would be pretty transparent.

Here's a "hope to help us" description on their homepage:
    libdivecomputer, a library for communication with various dive computers.

9. -JD-

-JD- Eclecticist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Question in post #361 of this thread. My measurements and conclusions post #367.

rob.mwpropane and rhwestfall like this.
  10. rob.mwpropane

I appreciate your investigatory skills. I'm not really ready to pull the trigger on a $40+ dollar mount that I have to dremel to make work though.