• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by ttsugar, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Tournesol2000

Tournesol2000 Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I am looking forward to a couple of dives with my new watch in March. Will try compare to Suunto Zoop Novo.

2. stu1965

stu1965 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    anyone know if there have been software updates, news of the app, or connectivity to other apps?

scubadada likes this.
  3. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Manta Ray

I believe we were told May (ish) was expected release of the app?

I think that's what I heard anyway...

Andrew Dawson and Tournesol2000 like this.
  4. thbcthomas

thbcthomas Barracuda

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Deep6 is showing a 2 for $500 on the excursion or 5 for $1000. I don't need 5 but one for me and one for my son is very tempting!!

5. SaltwaterNomad

SaltwaterNomad Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I've had Suunto Zoop for years and have had no issues. I've always wanted a dive computer I can wear as a watch on dive vacations, anything to carry less but could not justify spending a lot on one. I bought the Deep6 DC because it is a simple easy to use DC at a great price. I only have 32 dives on it but love it. Very easy to navigate with long battery life.
    I'm just a recreational diver who wants something functional and reliable and the Deep6 delivers on both. I've read that an app will eventually be available to download dives, once that happens I won't have any complaints.

6. lexvil

lexvil Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    It is a decent basic computer that serves as a stand alone or as a back up to a Sherwater.

Andrew Dawson likes this.
  7. MaxE

MaxE DIR Practitioner

Has anyone come up with a solution for a bungee mount? A 3D printed part perhaps?

I was also wondering if anyone has noticed that when giving times is does something funny. I had a dive register as 45.7 minutes. I’m guessing it should read as 45.07, it Also showed a similar strange time on the no fly, a decimal point and integer than 6. I can’t imagine it’s giving tenths of minutes rather guessing it is dropping the 0 ?

Would love for it to be supported in subsurface and can’t wait for the app

8. -JD-

-JD- Eclecticist ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    The Narked @90 Teric mounts can probably be made to work with some rework. I measured it up and believe the details are posted up thread somewhere.

$$$ and a bit difficult since it is SS, though.

9. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Do you mean 45:7 when you write 45.7? Mine shows the same thing; for example one dive is 74:5. I'm 95% sure it means 74 mins, 5 secs. If you want to write that 74:05, OK, but the whole thing with a colon is just a convention anyway. I'm good with it saying 74:5.

10. tursiops

tursiops Marine Scientist and Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    eBay has one for the Teric that should fit fine, but it is a stupid design....you have to remove the pins and remove the Teric from the mount in order to charge it. I suspect you could Dremel out a notch for the Excursion so you could get at the charging pins.