• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Thoughts on Deep 6's new DC

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by ttsugar, Dec 11, 2019.

1. axluba

axluba Barracuda

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I appreciate the direct communication and hope that it will continue

2. aviator8

aviator8 Professional Photographer

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    I hope @LandonL and @cerich continue to engage here. Try getting that kind of support or engagement out of other vendors and see how that works. Its one of many reasons I committed to getting Deep6 gear.

Tournesol2000 and NothingClever like this.
  3. Jay

Jay Need to dive more!

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Congratulations on a neat computer and thanks for putting the GF info in the manual.

I'm also curious about the NDLs results ... more about the practical implementation of 16C - if it floats your boat too, ScubaDada started a thread on it Help with simple deco algorithm project but then there's also the added benefit of an affordable back-up computer for Rec diving and having it ~match.

Good idea, else you'll be spending hours drawing GF graphics :)
    Again, Congrats!! It's awesome to have your DC ... AND from a company with an awesome reputation.

NothingClever and LandonL like this.
  4. lexvil

lexvil Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    I should have mine in hand tomorrow, I hope to dive it next week, he’ll I just hope to dive next week because the combination of storms and a buddy with a job it really messing with me.

I do find it interesting that there is such a range of expectations for a low cost rec computer, I don’t have the same expectation from a $275 computer than I would an $1100 one! I’m a little shocked to see how many people do. This will serve as a back or loaner because at the price point it can be carried around or left in a gear bag without a big fear of loss. Even it were as fully functional as the Teric it wouldn’t displace it due to the screen, my eyes don’t get along with an LCD as well as an LED.

For me and my flawed way of thinking the fact that it’s rechargeable makes it the perfect travel back up/loaner.

Deep 6 makes good stuff and if there is a problem I have no doubt they will find a solution.

5. StefinSB

StefinSB Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I would make an addendum explaining the GFs. That way you can keep the main part of the manual focussed on recreational, which is your target in this case. At the same time you are offering some education for those who care.

Tournesol2000, cerich and tridacna like this.
  6. LandonL

LandonL ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I put a special note on page 15. I think that sums it up nicely.

Jay, StefinSB and MichaelMc like this.
  7. Fastmarc

Fastmarc Just drifting along... ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I think it does, but just to make clearer the additional SF Line, I would suggest something like:
    "In addition, a Safety Factor Line has been applied to each SF (SF 1-3). This is to provide an added margin level of safety for divers."

My apologies for the unsolicited suggestion. :)

8. axluba

axluba Barracuda

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Damn I thought sf 1-3 were the 3 conservatism setting and added to those there was a common additional safety factor:banghead:

9. Valyngar

Valyngar Nassau Grouper

Is safety margin told in manual or can you disable from advanced settings?

10. W W Meixner

W W Meixner Rebreather Pilot

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hey Chris...Landon...

Personally I think your new DC is great...just the thing for guys like me who...like things simple...an easy to read screen with good contrast...and comparatively speaking...inexpensive...for me that's the best of everything...

For the market it's intended for...it will serve its purpose very well...

Full marks...as far as typos/spelling mistakes in the manual...the writers English is a lot better than my Chinese...

Best...MC & HNY...

Warren...

tridacna likes this.