Thoughts on post roll-offs and first stage hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are they really? Are forgetting the minute thing about bouancy control? Why are so many concerned about rolling off a rubber knob valve? Personally, my valve protectors never got any use but i did put them on when i saw a buddies zepp get stuck on causing a crash.
Cant argue with all the names you drop, some good divers there and while asked years ago to participate in some of their dives i had to refuse due to my feeling that I am a recreation cave diver and believing in the part about never propmoting cave diving but offering instruction for those interested. Once involved with a manufacturer that stuff goes out the door. That along with the fact some of my instructors are now dead may suggest other options should be looked into, Afterall, What did Berman and Exely know anyway :D
PLEASE, Forget the name dropping crap

because it happens.

Are they really? Are forgetting the minute thing about bouancy control?
Sometimes staying mid passage still means there is contact. Not every cave is the size of Wakulla.

PLEASE, Forget the name dropping crap

As far a bending/breaking metal valve knobs, Have you even see the tollerances? They are minimal even when fully opened. You might put a wobble in the valve but to cause anything significant would likely break the damn manifold, or are we also using the divers supply 200 bar setups that are converted for din?

Not name dropping. Just telling you why you'll find lots of DIR divers on the Internet and why they subscribe to rubber knobs.

I've seen lots of knobs with various stages of damage lying in caves. I've seen more rubber than metal just due to the popularity. But, I saw a squashed metal knob in Ginnie once.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom