Thread adapter for tank pressure checker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiebs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I pushed the limits of my tank pressure checker by checking my 300bar tanks, and I done broken it. So I ordered a replacement Metalsub digital gauge (DIGITAL AIR PG – Metalsub) but in my late night haste amongst flicking between many sites, didn't realise that the one I pulled the trigger on has a G1/4 straight thread, and not a NPT 1/4.

Can I just get an adapter, or do I need to cut my losses and buy another gauge? I've found a few adapters online, but they generally state a max working pressure of around 150psi, so I guess really aimed at shop compressors, not scuba applications. I did find one (0164 14 13 | Legris Straight Threaded Adaptor, NPT 1/4 Male to G 1/4 Female, Threaded Connection Style | RS) that states its rated for 250bar, but at that price I may as well buy a new gauge (DGX Digital Gauge 5000 PSI) with the correct thread.

So I pushed the limits of my tank pressure checker by checking my 300bar tanks, and I done broken it. So I ordered a replacement Metalsub digital gauge (DIGITAL AIR PG – Metalsub) but in my late night haste amongst flicking between many sites, didn't realise that the one I pulled the trigger on has a G1/4 straight thread, and not a NPT 1/4.

Can I just get an adapter, or do I need to cut my losses and buy another gauge? I've found a few adapters online, but they generally state a max working pressure of around 150psi, so I guess really aimed at shop compressors, not scuba applications. I did find one (0164 14 13 | Legris Straight Threaded Adaptor, NPT 1/4 Male to G 1/4 Female, Threaded Connection Style | RS) that states its rated for 250bar, but at that price I may as well buy a new gauge (DGX Digital Gauge 5000 PSI) with the correct thread.
Go to nearby industrial hydraulic parts shop - they often had thread adapters. At least, they can arrange short hose with threads ttat can fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom