Thread moved from A&I to tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2airishuman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I received an unsigned notification that there was a "mod decision" to move my thread from A&I to tanks.

I was intentional about starting the thread in A&I and reviewed the forum description before starting it. I want to have a safety discussion, not a tank discussion.

I would like to understand the decision, because part of the reason I started the thread in A&I is that I believe there is an industry problem with accidents of this nature being treated as non-diving non-accidents. There have been other threads in A&I that have not been moved, involving diving accidents that do not occur during the course of an actual dive (fires involving oxygen blending, boosting, or transportation come to mind, for example). There have been other threads in A&I that have involved property damage only or potential injury only. I do not understand why my thread has been selected for different treatment.

Thinking it through and re-reading my thread, I would like to ask that it be deleted.

It was my intention to make a contribution and have a discussion within the specific, more narrow guidelines of A&I, and with the safety focus and various discussion rules that implies.

If the mod decision to move it is final, I understand that, but I would ask that it be deleted since it is no longer subject to the discussion rules that I expected to apply when I posted it.

I just saw this post then went to that forum to find your thread and I have to say, please reconsider your decision to have it removed. A&I or tanks, its an excellent and informative thread and I would hate to see it gone.

Hey there 2air (may I call you 2air? :) )

We have moved it back, it seemed more appropriate to the Tanks forum since we felt it would get more views there, your intentions are now clear and so it's back.

Thank you, RainPilot. (And yes, you may call me 2air if you wish!)

The point about the different set of rules regarding the discussion is a good one. And again, great post.

Would you object to a closed thread in the tanks section with a link to the thread in A&I?

I would not object, however, I do plan to start a discussion or two in the tanks section in a few days after I've digested the replies in A&I, on 1) the specifics of burst disc safety, and 2) practicable and safe transportation practices. I would include a link. Perhaps these would meet that goal.

Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom