Threading first BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny, I didn't think the pics showed that at all. I just thought they were showing different harness options.

I thought it was pretty clear too, but here's a pic from the reverse side

dscf0006.jpg

Disclaimer: no you don't have to use a 1" crotch strap if you cross the shoulder straps. Or use a quick release, or put a yellow thing on the right side

I thought it was pretty clear too, but here's a pic from the reverse side

dscf0006.jpg

Disclaimer: no you don't have to use a 1" crotch strap if you cross the shoulder straps. Or use a quick release, or put a yellow thing on the right side

Nice BP Tortuga, did you make that yourself? I see measuring lines on the plate.

It does look home-made, but no... I just googled it from ukrecscuba.org.uk

Clean rig.

.............However, it seems like my shoulders are too thin, as the straps are rubbing uncomfortably on my arm even when trying it on.................

OxyCheq makes shoulder pads so that the webbing is a lot less irritating. Adding gadgets goes against Hogarthian philosophy, but some divers like them. I don't use them so can't say how well they work.

If you search, you will find a couple of sources.

You just cross the straps. Right shoulder to left hip, left shoulder to right hip.

I don't know how else to explain it. I use crossed straps too for my BP/W. Have you seen this website for correct adjustment of your harness? BAUE How To Size a Backplate

Scott, what are you questioning the safety of?

Do you realize that this is the Hog diving section of the technical specialties? If you don't know the gear, please don't comment on it.

I would recommend learning to spell correctly before needlessly becoming testy questioning discussion in a discussion forum...:wink:

I would recommend learning to spell correctly before needlessly becoming testy questioning discussion in a discussion forum...:wink:

LOL, when you have no argument, attack the person. What hoarir, how daer I missstipe a ward in my respons. :dork2:

I give up. I dont see anything misspelled. What am I missing? (not that it's really relevant, but now I'm curious).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom