Three days from cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With your arrival time, you have some limitations. I don't think you will be able to make any AM dives on 8-5, certainly not anyplace you will have to travel. If you are not willing to travel, you really only have one option, Fantasea.
On travel, I think it is only a 15-20 min ride from the Dockyard to Bluewater. You may want to compare prices between Fantasea and BW to see if there is a difference that might cover some of the transportation costs. If you are looking to dive Wed, PM may be your only options.

Thank you I've emailed Blue Water to see if they have transportation available. I see you are in CT, we are in New Hartford.

Will you be renting gear? Depending upon what you have for gear you may be able to take the bus. Buses are easy and relatively affordable but your not supposed to bring luggage and dive gear bags on the buses (and need to dress appropriately) . If you just have a small bag, mask fins and snorkel it may be an option. When my wife, teenage son and I dove BW last we were staying a couple miles away. We traveled by two scooters and by bus. Traveling by scooters with gear was a little adventurous. Taking the bus with just a small bag was much easier and probably a lot safer.

Last edited:
I will report back on our experience when we return. We are on the Summit also, taking our own gear. We are going to take a taxi to Dive Bermuda. They are keeping our gear at their shop for the 3 days.

We checked in at dive Bermuda at the Fairmont at 1:45 on Wednesday and went on the afternoon reef dive. Then checked in at 8:30 AM on Thursday and Friday for the morning 2 tank dives. We liked the dive op and would use them again. We took a taxi or the bus getting back and forth. Small groups and very professional staff.

How was the diving? What sites did you dive and what were the water temps? Thanks.

Hermes, Tarpon Hole, a tug wreck, breaker reef and some other reef. Water temps in 74-79. We wore 3/2 wetsuits and we're fine. Some wore shorties but I would have been cold.

Back
Top Bottom