Three rare scuba diving titles for sale: what is their value

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, I was trying to be helpful. Apparently, I don't know much about collectable books.

Did you see the last price, it is well over 1.000 dollars! That's what is so bewildering. Maybe that seller knows something we don't?

Yeah, there is a sucker born every minute. I picked up a copy for $10 a while back, but was not in pristine condition, more like the condition the $1000 copy says it is in. A very small market, but you are probably trolling in the right area.

Bob

A very small market, but you are probably trolling in the right area.
Bob

“Small” is more likely teeny tiny. eBay is probably better. Very few collectors besides Sam.

They are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay you for them. These are not a commodity - are you looking for insurance value or to sell them?

I am looking to sell all three of them. I also have ''The Silent World" by Captain J.Y Cousteau with Frédéric Dumas copyright 1953 and "Skin and Scuba Diving" 1961 by The Athletic Institute. Both are hardbacks like the others.

Yeah, there is a sucker born every minute. I picked up a copy for $10 a while back, but was not in pristine condition, more like the condition the $1000 copy says it is in. A very small market, but you are probably trolling in the right area.

Bob
A copy of 'Walking On Water' signed by Jesus (the author) might be worth a big one to some people..

If you are looking for a pay day, I wouldn’t hold your breath (at least on ascent). If you are looking for someplace where they will get a good home and be valued and appreciated, post in the vintage and history of diving forums. There are people who would appreciate them, but they are not bibliophile treasures.

Did you see the last price, it is well over 1.000 dollars! That's what is so bewildering. Maybe that seller knows something we don't? And their version isn't even brand new, but ''good''. The version I have is indeed hardback 1962 first revised edition, but it doesn't have that cover. Perhaps that's the dust jacket? I don't think so.
The amazon link showed a price of $29.95 for me. Maybe it changed price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom