Throw away all your camera gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metaldector

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found this on an internet retailer's site. Now you can throw away all of your current camera gear and go to this! And it's hands free! And it's on sale for only $99.00. WOW!

Liquid Image 5.0 MP Underwater Digital Camera Mask with Anti-fog Lenses

Attachments

• LIM5.jpg
    LIM5.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 175
It is a gimmick or junk.....

Here is the link.

LIM5.jpg

LIFE UNDERWATER!

Use the Underwater Camera Mask for snorkeling, diving and swimming. Capture vacation photos and videos. Use as a training device for instructional video or analysis of swimming performance.

Specifications

- Image Resolution - 5.0MP CMOS Sensor
- Internal Memory - 16MB NAND Flash Memory
- External Memory Card - Micro SD Card
- Video Mode - 18-25FPS @ VGA
- Status Display - LCD Display
- Interface - USB
- Power - 2 AAA Alkaline 1.5V Batteries
- Photographic Distance - 1.2m (5ft)
- Auto Off System time - 120 seconds
- High Res Mode - 5.0MP (2560x1920) - 29 Pics
- Low Res Mode - 3.1MP (2048x1536) - 45 Pics
- Video - 53S VGA
(Image Qty is based on 16MB internal Memory - Add a Micro SD Card to add memory)
- Depth Rating - 5 M - 15 feet.

It is a gimmick or junk.....

How can you call this junk? I am very happy with mine. Have you even seen one? It is very well made and engineered and while they do have limitations, if you adapt your photography and videography to the abilities of the camera you can get decent results. Especially for the price!!!

These clips were shot on my sixth dive with the mask at about 35' to 40' of water (which is way beyond the depth rating). I will admit I flooded one going that deep but now I know how much my other one should handle and I will keep it shallow enough to survive until I can buy one of their improved versions.

These are very cool gadgets. Please don't knock them just because they're different and new. I wish I would have thought of this idea!! With a 2 gb Micro SD card you can get close to two hours of video with them!! 5mp camera shoots stills and video! That's pretty awesome. Spearfishermen are loving these things.

Check out these you tube videos I posted that were taken with the Liquid Image 'snorkel' camera mask:

Bubble Rings from 35 feet, Maui, Hawaii

Cleaner Shrimps at 40 feet, Maui, Hawaii

Hi guys

I just saw this in a Target catalogue here in Aussie (Only the 3.1 available here) so I went to the web site Loading...
And down the bottom of the page it says
"Details for the 35 meter Scuba Series model will be released in January 2009."
So I emailed Pat in Hong Kong to ask if he has any details about this new one coming out.

For $99 that rocks! All it needs is twin lights on the edges and a deeper rating.

For $99 that rocks! All it needs is twin lights on the edges and a deeper rating.

If you have a decent flashlight you can use that for now and really improve your video captures. These masks kind of seem like toys at first but they're actually very cool and once you learn to work with the limitations you can end up with very cool results. I would wear one all the time if they came in a tri-view!

If it had enough memory to record an hour of video it could be an interesting tool for training. You could turn it on at the beginning of a training dive and you'd have a good chance of getting interesting clips that you could show your students for feedback. Kind of like a critter cam but for instructors.... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom