Throw away all your camera gear!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For $99 that rocks! All it needs is twin lights on the edges and a deeper rating.
Looks like they heard you!
500-333-483988068721A2007ABBCD1C3AA962B4.jpg

the idea is pure genius. would be good maybe not as a camera but as a video tool. of course there are limitations at the moment but with proper image stabilization and white balance correction this could change the way we shoot video underwater - well at least for the non-pro u/w videographer

How can you call this junk? I am very happy with mine. Have you even seen one? It is very well made and engineered and while they do have limitations, if you adapt your photography and videography to the abilities of the camera you can get decent results. Especially for the price!!!
Spearfishermen are loving these things.

Check out these you tube videos I posted that were taken with the Liquid Image 'snorkel' camera mask:

Why? Simple.... due to its depth rating.. You hit 40ft though.. I think it is a gimmick....

For $99 that rocks! All it needs is twin lights on the edges and a deeper rating.

I am assuming the new scuba diving mask is the one on the front page, the blue mask with lights on it.

Liquid Image

I would actually like to try one of these camera/masks.

Thanks for the link...

But, I am not sure if it is suitable for a deep water diving.

I am afraid of any leaking accident on the mask.......

Looks like they heard you!

It is $129 MSRP with 1W LED light. We can have LED 3W light less than a half price.

the idea is pure genius. would be good maybe not as a camera but as a video tool. of course there are limitations at the moment but with proper image stabilization and white balance correction this could change the way we shoot video underwater - well at least for the non-pro u/w videographer

That's true... None of camera above has a feature to see the view finder. So, nobody expects it as a camera. It is a simple video tool and works great.

I am looking at GoPro version. We have to wear a helmet though.. We don't need to worry about a mask leaking. And, we can add a relatively cheap LED lights on the helmet as well. I was told that GoPro has a low light featured camera, so it might be interesting....

Just my 2 bar...

P.S. I am wondering why all camera are limited in 2MB SD memory capacity. It is too hard to upgrade to 4GB Memory Card....????

I've watched watched these forums for years and enjoy the info you can gleam from them. In as far as the GoPro and Liquid Image cameras, both are ok. The new Liquid image rated for 115' actually has a nice picture.

I've used both of them for filming students during check out dives and for local tours so newbies can get themselves on film and show their friends. They are fun to use. The Liquid Image is a better picture with the higher resolution and the GoPro has a tiny view finder that you can't use once its in the housing but has multiple mounting options too and is more versatile.

For the money they are worth every penny. For serious video divers............
JMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom