Thumbs down! (TANK)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And they are those painted pieces of crap, not the galvanized....

This is all a f-ing disaster...

Was out of town, and just took a call. One of the lp85 tanks of my Worthington/XS twins failed hydro on it's first requalification. Tester said he did it twice, both times, far from passing.

Amazing. This tank has less than 2 dozen fills, and never saw 2800 psi! Always part of this set of twins.

So aggravated!

I suspect it's possibly a real fail, but we used to see this all the time in Florida with PSTs and Worthingtons. There have been some service bulletins that if the hydroer doesn't follow will lead to failure. I know the famous scuba hydro guy we all use in cave country said part of it on psts is they have to kind of be pre-stretched in the hydro machine prior to starting the test.

Sucks because your hydro guy probably xxx'd them out

Rob; This sure sucks. Hope things work out.

I suspect it's possibly a real fail, but we used to see this all the time in Florida with PSTs and Worthingtons...

I knew about the PSTs but not the Worthington's. Appreciate the heads up (although my tanks go to David:)).

The prestretch helps cut down false failures for all hot dip galvanized tanks. Even the old PST lp72s benefit from it. The SP tanks go by ree for pass/fail is the difference compared to the 3aa for Worthington.

I checked that as soon as I first read this post.
I am pretty sure the LP85s are DOT 3AA and not the SP14157 X-series cylinders (3442 PSI) that require the special protocol.

The prestretch helps cut down false failures for all hot dip galvanized tanks. Even the old PST lp72s benefit from it. The SP tanks go by ree for pass/fail is the difference compared to the 3aa for Worthington.
Could you clarify this? I have a Faber HP100 that's hot dip galvanized. Does that make it more likely to fail hydro if someone doesn't do a different sort of testing process?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom