Ticketing snafu - fixed without charge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimbalabala

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just an FYI and warning - and hopefully someone will learn from my mistake.

I booked our vacation through Orbitz and entered my husband's last name as his first name (never entered his last name in any way on his reservation - so it read Rogerdean Roger). Duh. Figured it out the day before travel. I called Delta and was told I'd have a 2 hour wait - that's when I realized I should probably call Orbitz. The first person I spoke with told me that the Delta policy said they couldn't change more than 3 characters - and United, who had our return flights, wouldn't allow more than one character change - and that I would need to buy new tickets!!!!! I decided to call United. They said that Orbitz is the only entity who could change our tickets and that they must call the airline directly! I called Orbitz back and got a different - much more knowledgeable - agent, who fixed it all. She had to call each airline - and it took a long time - but it's fixed.

So over the next week of diving (Cozumel) I will be trying to add back the years to my life that this little scare stole from me!

Lessons learned: don't make mistakes, but if you do, check things early so you can catch and fix them right away; don't believe the first person to give you bad news - do your leg work; be nice to the agents because it's the right thing to do, and in my case it was my own fault!

Btw, I googled what to do if you make this sort of mistake and saw all kinds of scary information. Wish I hadn't bothered as it just caused more anxiety.

Safe and happy diving to all!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom