Tiger shark and Great Hammerhead 29NOV-5DEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the research that I did ( and refrences from the crew)Jan-Feb-March-April is the best time for both to show up.
I did Jan of this year and it was epic. ( I also spent some epic time on the way out in my bunk going weightless from the sea conditions. We did sit out a day because of high seas. The trip back was smooth as a baby butt.)
On the Shearwater they have a baitbox, feeding was done rarely. I saw it happen about six times. Yes they can get all up in yo face, I had some incredible dives. I had some 5+ minute encounters where both the Tiger and Hammer didnt leave our sight and made some incredible runs around the box. My heart was pounding, my adrenal glands were pumping. If you got a weak ticker this ain't for you. At times I was spinning round keeping an eye on the Hammer after she came right at me and then goes over my head within inches and then you turn round and the tiger is coming twords the box. It was EPIC.

The trip I was on we had Jim himself on the trip, and that was a treat. He has a very strong personality and is incredibly passionate about sharks. The crew was excellent. The food plentiful and good home style comfort food. If you want a beer at the end of the day you have to bring it. They do have a soda gun so if you wanted to bring a bottle, easy peasy cocktails.
I had a great time, met some wonderful people and had some incredible encounters, I would do it again for sure, ( I had a spot on hold for this January as I was waiting for a Socorro confirmation.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom