Tight neck on a Scubapro Tek-S

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevjl2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a Tek -S Scubapro suit thats fits great except for the neck. I have tried the bottle thing and then graduated up to the Bucket thing. After another 6 dives I realized its from the cord that is sewn into the neck that is the problem. See, the cord aint stretching. Does anyone have this suit with this problem? I am thinking about inserting a small pair of surgical scissors and cutting the cord in a few spots. Don't know if it work as this cord is stitched all through the neck line. Any suggestions???

Hi Kevjl 2

Yes, i had the same problem when i bought my 5 mil S-Tek steamer wetsuit. The neck really felt tight and the fit of the suit was also excellent for me.
My suit now is about 3 yrs old and the neck problem doesn't hassle me anymore.
What i could remember is that for awhile i was always stretching the neck band when i had the suit on. After many dives the tention relax somewhat where i could live with it.
I would not suggest cutting the cord. It might lead to water problems.
I wish i could give you some suggestions . I do know that scuba pro has a smaller neck diameter than most other wetsuits.
Good luck:

Sam:wink:

Just thought...one suggestion would be to wear a hood and to tuk it inside under the neck band. It might do the trick so it would not bother your neck.... 2Cents worth......

Back
Top Bottom