Tigullio BCDs replacement weight pockets impossible to find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquanins

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently purchased a used "Tigullio Seaborn ADV" BCD. I had the chance to try one out on my last trip to the red sea and tort it was good value for the money.
The device was sold without weight pockets but I tort it can't be too hard to find replacement pockets as it is, after all, consumable products that divers could need to dump at any time for safety reasons.
I spend countless hours on the net trying to come across an online shop where Tigullio brand would figure in product list. Although many vendors know Tigullio, non of them want to do business with that company in Italy and I now understand why:
I've found the manufacturer's website (http://www.tigulliodive.it) and called them. The person on the phone said that they wouldn't deal with privateers directly and ask me to send an email to which he'd reply with a list of vendors that will be able to provide pockets.
This was 3 weeks ago. I have not heard from that person since. I've sent messages to every email addresses showed on their website (including sales reps and directors) and have received no reply at all, not even an single acknowledgement, nothing at all....
I post this thread to help divers make a decision when considering a new BCD. The price for this one is good (around £ 240) but without post-sales services of any kind the device is pretty much useless.
If anyone know a shop that can provide those pockets (clip pockets) or compatible pockets from another brand, please reply to this post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom