Tilos 7/5 Titanium or Neosport 7/5 jumpsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have experience with these two wetsuits? I like the idea of the seals and foot stirrups on the Tilos, but the Neosport also comes with some booties and gloves, which I could use.

Also, any comments about sizing on them? True to size, small or large, etc?

I have used both over the years. My experience with the Neosports (made by Henderson) is that they fall apart way too quickly. The blue fabric on the first one literally fell apart after 20 dives. I did really like the last one (XSPAN) at first because the neoprene was very soft and made the suit so easy to put on, but most of the seams literally ripped out (talking separation of a foot or more on some) and the neoprene in the crotch and butt literally disappeared. Funny thing is that the fabric held admirably so the suit still looked good superficially but without the neoprene it was cold.

I have been happy with the Tilos wetsuits I've used. I still dive one, a 3/2mm, that I think I bought 10 years ago. It is still warm enough to do a few dives in out here during summer. Just bought a new Tilos 7/5mm and it has been great as well.

Thanks. I think I've actually aimed a little bit higher and am now thinking about the Camaro hooded 7mm semi-dry from Sierra Trading Post. With coupon it'll come in around $250 shipped. I hate bibbed hoods and really like the idea of a suit with a hood built-in. I'll be doing less than a dozen dives a year on this suit I imagine.

I'm comparing it to the Tilos 7mm hooded semi-dry. The Camaro has a vertical zip while the Tilos is a horizontal. Not sure how I feel about that. The Tilos does say SuperStretch, and I think the Camaro is regular neoprene.

Not sure which way to go here.

Then there's the Pinnacle package with hood included. Gah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom