Tilos diveskin question. Have I missed something?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bilsant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Let me start with explaining that I rarely return things and almost never have returned scuba gear.

I bought a Tilos polypro diveskin at a LDS....not my regular one. Four dives (six weeks) later the zipper broke. No prob...back to the LDS who was very accomodating, but said the manufacturer's policy was that it had to be shipped back to Tilos...on my dime. I ok'd it. It was shipped two weeks ago and I called to see what happened. The LDS said they expected it soon and when I asked when I could expect it, very politely referred me to Tilos.

Tilos tells me that it has arrived, and sometime soon they'll look at it and decide whether to replace it or more likely repair it. If they repair it, they ship it to another location where it takes a week's travel both ways plus the time it takes to do the repair, then Tilos will ship it back to my LDS which they expect to take another week. Five weeks' down time and I'm paying postage.

Is this the norm or am I just being a bit unreasonable in my idea that this isn't the most timely customer service?

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom